Support Dance-Theatre in Detroit
One year ago we relocated to Bryan's home state of Michigan after seven years of performing, choreographing and teaching in New York City. In these past 12 months BAIRA has been presented at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, The Bonstelle Theatre, Andy Arts Center, Light Box Theater and the Allesee Dance Theatre. We performed as guests with local companies & studios all around southeast Michigan and we have been featured twice in Dance Magazine! We continue to contribute our voice to the community of dance training available in Detroit, and as the Professional Company in Residence at Wayne State University's Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance, we have launched our Annual Summer and Winter training program; BAIRA Intensive Detroit. In its second season, the Intensive has brought in dancers from across the USA, Colombia, Italy, South Korea, and Taiwan. Our company is a fiscally sponsored project of the Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts in Detroit, where we are also artists in residence.
We have a stable and thriving home base in Cass Corridor Detroit. We have robust programming that is rapidly developing, we have a growing audience base and a community of wildly talented dancers that need stable and consistent employment.
WILL YOU JOIN US?
We are reaching out to YOU - to our communities to support BAIRA's vision to create opportunity for cutting-edge DanceTheatre performance and training in Detroit!
This year we need to raise $75,000 in order to:
• Hire and sustain Dancers. This allows us to provide job opportunities for the talented Detroit Artists as well as recruit the best talent from around the world to join us.
• Create a new production and tour this production reaching audiences around the country and the world.
• Provide scholarship opportunities so that we can have support to continue our policy which never turns down an eager student who cannot afford our training.
• Expand our Administrative team to keep up with the development of our BAIRA and ensure this ship continues smoothly and evermore efficiently!
• Continue making work that challenges and inspires consideration for our relationship to the world around us.
If you would like to schedule a phone call or video meeting we would be excited to answer any questions or hear any ideas you may have about becoming involved.
Contact us HERE
Make your contribution using the platform above
or the platforms below.
Cash App: $BAIRALLC
Check: Mailed to 8900 Esper St. Detroit MI 48204
*All donations are tax deductible
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
• Contribute to the Campaign! No amount is too small!
• SHARE! Help us spread the word, share this page; follow us on IG and FB
A HUGE Thank you to our supporters thus far!
And all who made it our to our launch party!